Updating the DAZL Software
Follow these steps for the recommended way to update the DAZL® software. Note that the system requires an Internet connection in order to check for available updates.
- Right-click the DAZL Editor program icon and select 'Run as administrator'.
- Select 'Help | Manage License' from the main menu. (The Alt key toggles the main menu.)
- Click the 'License Wizard' button.
If the version you are running has an eligible update (you have an active maintenance plan)...
- Click the 'Update to the latest version' link.
- Review the Release Notes for any instructions, requirements or notices.
- When you are satisfied you are ready, click the 'Download' button (bottom center).
- When the download is complete, click the 'Install' button (bottom right).
- Follow the installer's instructions. You must accept the End-user License Agreement to continue.
- Step by step, answer the installer's questions regarding the install/update.
- Finally, agree to begin the install/update.
- Be patient as there can be significant pauses as the install/update takes place.
- Close the installer once it reports that it has finished.