Deactivating a DAZL License
Follow these steps to deactivate a DAZL® license on a system.
- Right-click the DAZL Editor program icon and select 'Run as administrator'.
- Select 'Help | Manage License' from the main menu. (The Alt key toggles the main menu).
- Click the 'License Wizard' button.
- Click the 'Deactivate your license' button.
- If you need to use a proxy server to connect to the Internet, click the 'Proxy Settings' button, fill in the required values, and then click 'Ok' to continue.
- Click the 'Deactivate license key' button. If everything went ok, you should see a message saying that your license is deactivated.
If you could not connect to the license server, but have a smart phone with an Internet connection...
- When prompted by the License Wizard that it could not connect to the license server to deactivate the license, click the 'Yes' button to scan a QR code with your mobile phone.
- Scan the displayed QR code with your phone.
- Verify that the license was deactivated (read the message displayed by your phone's browser).
Note that if the license server is not contacted (either by direct Internet connection or by scanning the deactivation QR code using a smart phone), the license in question will still be released on the local system, however it will still not be usable on another computer because the central license server is unaware of the deactivation. In such cases, contact Misery Bay Software support in order to resolve the issue.